Skip to content

Early Years Pupil Premium for Children in Care

Early Years Pupil Premium is available for Children in Care if they:

  • are looked after by a Local Authority in England or Wales and are placed in foster care or
  • have left care in England or Wales through:
    • a Special Guardianship Order
    • a Child Arrangements Order
    • an Adoption Order.

To claim funding for these children the Early Years Pupil Premium Form for Children In Care needs to be completed by the parent/guardian and supported with a copy of the appropriate order.

The form can be edited by the setting and emailed to families that may be eligible with your Privacy Notices for GDPR included.  The form can be completed and returned securely by email with the evidence to either the provider or to  The parent may prefer a paper copy or to print and return a paper copy to the provider so that it is emailed to us securely via Egress.

You do not need to apply for Children who are in the Care of Devon County Council as funding will be automatically allocated.

You cannot apply for Early Years Pupil Premium through the Provider Portal for Children in Care.

The Provider Portal is available to run checks on Parent / Carer details if they are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits.