The Devon County Council Small Grants Scheme for disabled children is now open for the first round of applications for 2022-23.
The scheme, provided by Devon County Council in partnership with Parent Carer Forum Devon, can provide up to £5,000 to organisations to support children and young people (0-18) with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The aims of the scheme are to:
- Increase the number of activities and services available across Devon to reach and support more children and young people with SEND.
- Ensure that activities and services are sustainable beyond the funding this scheme provides.
- Promote and deliver greater inclusivity to enable children and young people with SEND to fully access their local community and take part in activities, services and groups alongside their peers and friends.
- Be inclusive of and provide to the needs of children and young people with a range of disabilities including: neurodiverse conditions and needs, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, sensory impairments and multiple and complex needs (please note, this list is not exhaustive).
You can apply if you are a:
- Voluntary or community organisation (predominately parent led)
- Community Interest Company
- Not for profit organisation
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 6 June. Applications received after this will not be considered.
You are encouraged to read the guidance notes fully, even if you have applied to the scheme before. Additionally, before you apply, we would also encourage you to contact Katie Coomber on 01392 386176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the Small Grants Scheme, please email email@example.com.