Devon County Council Innovation Grants Scheme for disabled children is now open for applications for 2023-24. We would particularly welcome applications for activities, groups or sessions over the school holiday period.
The scheme, provided by Devon County Council in partnership with Parent Carer Forum Devon, can provide up to £5,000 to organisations to support disabled children and young people with Special Educational Needs from 0-18 years of age.
We want to support organisations and services to be sustainable in providing:
- Increased activities and services available across Devon to reach and support more disabled children and young people with special educational needs promoting their confidence, independence and life skills.
- A diverse range of different activities and services which matter to disabled children, young people and their families, and who care about their outcomes.
- Promotion and delivery of greater inclusivity to enable disabled children and young people with Special Educational Needs to fully access their local community and take part in activities, services and groups alongside their parent carers, siblings, peers and friends.
We understand that the range of needs, interests and support can be difficult for organisations to meet. However, we want to work with you to develop activities which can meet the needs of children and young people with a range of disabilities including neurodiverse conditions and needs, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, sensory impairments or multiple needs. (Please note, this list is not exhaustive).
Applying for an Innovation Grant
You can apply if you are a:
- Voluntary or community organisation
- Parent led group
- Community Interest Company
- Not for profit organisation
- Internal service provider or school wanting to develop services for Disabled Children
The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on 6 February 2023.
Applications received after this will not be considered.
You are encouraged to read the information pack fully, even if you have applied for this type of grant scheme before.
For further information regarding the Innovation Grants Scheme, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.