Our ambition to improve outcomes for children by making multi-agency working more effective, prompted the restructure of our children’s partnership arrangements.
The Devon Safeguarding Children Partnership (Devon SCP) was established on 1 July 2017. It merged the functions of the Devon Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) and the Children, Young People and Families Alliance (Alliance).
The aims of the partnership are to:
- Translate the commitment to ‘good’ Children’s Services into accelerated improvement and better outcomes for children. Continuing to do more of the same will not deliver our shared ambitions. At the heart of the new partnership will be a greater focus on practice and service user experience.
- Be a streamlined and effective partnership by ensuring that our meetings are purposeful with the right people around the table. We have reduced the number of meetings and the number of people attending meetings thereby freeing up capacity for all of us.
- Build on the best of what we’ve done, to develop more mature relationships where creativity, challenge and innovation can flourish. We want to be a partnership that gets things done.
- Have a dedicated focus on quality assurance as we recognise that good and effective services require robust quality assurance work to ensure children are safeguarded as well as they can be.
- Adopt the recommendations of the Wood Review of Local Safeguarding Children Boards because we fully agree with the observed shortcomings of the current LSCB arrangements. There is no good argument for delaying the restructure when we believe that these changes to partnership arrangements will lead to better outcomes for children.
Help us improve
Don’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields