Please find below further resources which will help you in your role supporting families affected by Domestic Abuse & Violence.
FearFree – Local Support for Domestic Abuse
Further Training – Domestic Abuse Awareness Level 1 and 2: Recognising signs of abuse and how to report it
Victim Care Unit – email@example.com
Support for Gypsy, Romany, Traveller, Showman (GRTS) families
Ellen Tout is Devon’s Ethnic Minority and Traveller Achievement Service (EMTAS) as the GRTS advisory teacher. Her role is to support schools to meet the needs of children from Traveller backgrounds and to increase the number of Traveller children who are accessing education. Ellen can support professionals who need help discussing Domestic Abuse concerns within families of ethnic minority.
She can also offer support with:
- admission into school, links with parents, carers and communities, advice and direction on settling in, induction and transition
- short-term intervention programmes, which can include in-class support
- individualised transition programmes for Traveller pupils from primary to secondary
- developing inclusive approaches, fostering positive relationships and planning curriculum opportunities to value and promote Traveller culture
- catch-up teaching onsite
- raising awareness of Traveller cultures and history
- anti-racism CPD for school staff and workshops for pupils.
Help us improve
Don’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields