After an extremely successful event last year, we are delighted to announce that SaFest – Devon’s Virtual Safeguarding Festival – will be back for a fourth year and will take place during the week of 20-24 November 2023.
We are fortunate to have keynote addresses from eminent national and international professional leads and researchers, as well as workshops facilitated by experienced colleagues across the professional spectrum. A full schedule of events is available here.
The conference is free and is designed to facilitate professional networking and the sharing of good practice, all while taking a look at the latest research about working with young people in any safeguarding capacity. Safest is a virtual event facilitated by the Devon SCP and is open to colleagues across the professional network.
The booking form is now closed, but you can still email email@example.com to enquire about remaining availability.
Early Years Child Development Training Modules
Early years child development training is now available free of charge from the Department of Education.
Please complete the Early Years Child Development sign up form to access this training.
Online Learning (e-learning and videos)
The following courses and videos are available on the Devon Learning Pool (DEL). If you have a DEL account, book a place on the training as normal. If you don’t have a DEL account, please complete the sign up form below. Please note that completing this form doesn’t automatically mean you will be allocated a place on the course; you will receive an email confirming that you’ve been given a place.
Anyone working for a Devon school should complete safeguarding training via the Devon Education Services training offer. All the training offered by Devon Education Services is not funded by the Devon SCP and is for school staff only.
If you work in areas within Torbay or Plymouth only, it is recommended that you attend their Safeguarding respective partnership training instead. Please see the Plymouth Safeguarding Children Partnership website or the Torbay Safeguarding Children Partnership website for more details.
- Group 2 Core – Responding to Allegations and Role of the LADO
- Group 2 Core – Multi-Agency Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Adverse Childhood Experiences e-Learning
- An Introduction to Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Animation
- Autism: What is it? – Videos, learning materials and free training courses
- Autism – Top Tips on How to Support Autistic Young People
- Awareness and Using the Mental Capacity Act – Level 1 (Video)
- Child victims of modern slavery
- Children’s Act 1989
- Children Missing Education – Course
- Children Missing Education – Video
- Coercive Control and Domestic Abuse
- Contextual Safeguarding Video Learning – SAVE ME
- County Lines Exploitation session
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- Domestic Abuse Awareness – Level 1
- Domestic Abuse Awareness – Level 2
- Exploring Family Networking
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Helping Adults Respond to Children Disclosing Abuse Video
- How safe children feel on the streets
- Identify, diversity and recording; how it links together
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Mind Your Words
- NSPCC Podcasts
- Online Radicalisation
- Opening Doors: Trauma Informed Practice for the Workforce (Video)
- Prevent Essentials Basic Awareness Raising
- Prevent Duty – Channel Awareness e-learning module
- Pronouns Matter
- Psychological First Aid Training Course – FutureLearn
- Recognising and Responding to Child Neglect
- Reframe the Blame – Child Exploitation Webinars
- Restorative Practice e-learning
- Restorative Practice Podcasts
- SEND Module 1: An introduction for all new and existing staff in Devon
- SEND Module 2: Developing your understanding of SEND
- SEND Condition Specific Training Modules
- Sowing Seeds: Trauma Informed practice for anyone working with children or young people
- Spot the Signs of Child Criminal Exploitation
- Stages of Child Criminal Exploitation (Video)
- Suicide Prevention Training Video
- Supporting children in early years settings who may have experienced trauma or abuse
- Supporting practice in tackling child sexual abuse
- Supporting Victims of Domestic Violence
- Tackling Modern Slavery in Public Sector Supply Chains
- Talking Change Podcast – Child Criminal Exploitation and County Lines
- Those who don’t cruise rarely bruise – bruising on babies (Video)
- Trauma Informed Approaches to Working with Children, Young People and Families
- Understanding Autism
- Unlock the voices of children with additional needs (Video)
The Early online training videos have been removed and will be replaced with up-to-date versions shortly.
Training Events Calendar
Only complete the following information if don’t already have a DEL account.
Please note, if you are not a Partner, your organisation will be charged £5 for the DEL licence fee to enable you to access the e-learning and video resources.
Training course request
"*" indicates required fields