Local Authority Designated Officer
We now offer live Teams training every 2 months facilitated by a LADO. This is the preferred way for you to develop your knowledge and understanding about the LADO service. This will give you an opportunity to meet some of the team and to ask any questions.
If you cannot attend the Teams training there is a PowerPoint presentation you can access which will cover the same information.
The LADO training is aimed at all staff and volunteers who are in regular contact with children and young people.
By the end of the LADO training (live training event or the PowerPoint), you should:
· Understand the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
· Understanding the Legal context and framework
· Feel confident about your role and responsibilities where there are concerns about someone who works with children
· Feel confident about what should and needs to be referred to the LADO (eg criteria for advice request or submitting a notification)
· Understand the Managing Allegations & Safeguarding Concerns process
· What constitutes a Low Level Concern and how to respond
· Know how to contact the LADO team
contact the LADO Team on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01392 384964 (this is a voicemail service to request a duty LADO call back).
Training course request
"*" indicates required fields