We hosted a workshop where we were joined by representatives from the community and voluntary sector, Incident Management Team Leads for Early Help, representatives for vulnerable children and children with SEND as well as colleagues from Devon County Council’s Economy and Communities Teams.
These are the key findings from the workshop:
- The coordinated local, community efforts have moved quickly and were responsive. Connected to our locality partnership and Early Help triage response.
- The significant need in families is seen and understood by some communities
- The experience of children is very different dependant on local capacity in school and community, broadband and access to tech. and resources.
- The impact of lock down on the most vulnerable and the most disadvantaged is acute. Significantly widening the inequality gap.
- The economic impact will be significant and long lasting. Some of the worst is yet to come.
Help us improve
Don’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields