This page sets out some tips for professionals about the request for support form. The form itself can be accessed via the make a request for support page, which also has more information about the MASH team and early help support.
Before completing the form
- Please consider contacting our professional consultation line. This number can be found on our intranet and in-house correspondence.
- The form can be used for safeguarding enquiries and for requesting targeted Level 3 support from a Family Intervention Worker from our Family Interventions Team, a Youth Intervention Worker from our Youth Interventions Team, or from our commissioned Childrens Centres. Just select the appropriate option within the form.
- Locality early help triage meetings will still be in operation. Where Level 2 support or Level 3 non-targeted services are being requested, you should continue to complete a triage request form and use these meetings.
- Please utilise the Levels of Need Framework when considering your support request.
- If the child already has an allocated social worker or early help practitioner you should contact them directly in the first instance before submitting a request. If you are unsure as to the name or contact details, please call the Customer Service Centre on 0345 144 1078.
- If you need to submit a request for more than one child who are not related you will need to do a separate request.
- All fields are mandatory unless indicated as (optional).
Save and return function
The online form is set to time out after two hours of inactivity. To stop this there is a Save and Return function accessible from a link at the bottom of each page.
Enter your email address and select one of two options to return to your form:
- One time passcode sent to a mobile phone, or…
- Set a password (this can then be used for all subsequent saved forms). You will also be asked to set up a memorable word.
You will receive an email with a link to retrieve your form. Please note the link will only be accessible for seven days – after this time you will not be able to retrieve your form.
If you forget your password you can use the ‘forgotten password’ option. If you forget your memorable word you will need to call the Customer Service Centre on 0345 155 1071 for assistance.
You should discuss your concerns, in full, with all parents/carers and then seek their consent to submit a request for support.
You should not seek consent if you believe that to do so would increase the risk of harm to the child. If this is the case please ensure you provide a detailed rationale for not seeking consent.
- If there is someone else we can contact about your request should you not be available, please let us know in this section.
- If there are any other professionals supporting the child – add their details in this section
- Tell us your preferred method for contacting you – this will help our team.
About the child/young person and any other children involved
- Please supply as much information as you can – this will ensure the team have all the relevant details to help us fully assess your request
- The form asks for equality information for the child/ren, i.e. ethnicity, religion, language, etc – so try to have this information before you start to complete the form.
- Sex, gender and gender identity includes men, women, non-binary and transgender people.
- It’s also important we know details of other children in the family, again this will help to fully understand your request.
About adults inside and outside the family home
- It is important we know about all adults living in and outside the family home so we can fully assess your request for support – please supply as much information as you can.
What is your request for support?
- Ensure you supply as much background information as you can in this section.
- Include the voice and views of the child/parent/carer where possible.
- Refer to our Levels of Need tool for help with assessing the support/risk to the child.
- You can copy and paste text from other sources into the form and use bullet points or other formatting options.
Uploading supporting documents
Uploading documents to support your request is easy – just drag or select a document saved to your device into your request. You can upload word docs, PNG, JPF,PDF,MP4 or MOV files.
Before submitting your form
You can return to review and amend each section of the form at any time prior to submitting your request – just click on the relevant section from the landing page.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your request, you will receive an email containing a reference number. If you have selected to have a copy sent to you, this will come in a separate email and will contain a link for you to access your request – you will need the reference number in your confirmation email to access your request. Please note that this link will expire after 14 days. Once you have submitted your request, you can also opt to immediately download a pdf copy of your form.
You request will be triaged and assessed by our team of professionals, and you will be informed of the outcome. The team may contact you to gain more information. If you need to contact the team about your request please ensure you quote the unique reference number that was sent to you when you submitted the form and/or the child’s name.
Please continue to work with other agencies to support the family with any needs/concerns.
Help us improve
Don’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields